Recently, Josh Reeves wrote several great articles with simple ideas and ways you canÂ be missional in your workplace, as well as simple ways to engage your neighbors (Â Part 1Â |Â Part 2Â |Â Part 3Â | Part 4Â ). Josh will continue sharing new ideas in this 5-part series calledÂ Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community and City.
And although the word â€œmissionalâ€ has become quite a buzzword recently, it really just means that weÂ live every day as missionaries. Jesus said that â€œAs the Father has sent me, so I send youâ€ (John 20:21). That word â€œsentâ€ is where we get the word â€œmissional.â€ It simply means that we live as Jesus lived â€“ as sent people who live everyday life with gospel intentionality.
In fact, most of the simple ideas youâ€™ll find below are very much in the context of your everyday life, but when looked at with a lens of gospel intentionality â€“ when viewed through the eyes of a missionary â€“ become not just ordinary tasks, but eternally significant rhythms of your life that are teeming with gospel opportunity:
1. When you can, support local businesses and get to know the people in that business.
2. Visit your cities visitors center to learn about the itâ€™s history
3. Start a storytelling group at your local coffee shop
4. Organize a kids fun day at your city park
5. Offer free computer/technology help for elderly citizens in your area 96. Start a bike repair coop
7. Cook out at your local park and invite the people there to eat with you
8. Start a sowing class at your local community center
9. Organize a coworking time at your local coffee shop for people who work at home
10. Join a city softball, soccer, football, basketball league.
Â Be sure and check out the other posts in this series: